Lublin Info Centre
European Funds for Eastern Poland 2021-2027 to keep transforming the city
The Programme will be dedicated to the regions of Lubelskie, Podkarpackie, Podlaskie, Świętokrzyskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie and for first time to Mazowieckie Region excluding the city of Warsaw and adjacent districts. It will focus on 5 priorities:
- Entrepreneurship and innovations – EUR 500 million to be spent by SMEs for:
- Developing business ideas of innovative enterprises;
- Using design processes to adjust products and services to clients’ needs and expectations;
- Automation and robotisation – introduction of technologies allowing for optimisation of manufacturing processes;
- Circular economy – implementation of solutions aimed at decreasing environmental impact and improving the quality of products and services;
- Loans for the development of tourism.
- Energy and climate – EUR 840 million for:
- Developing distribution networks by operators;
- Supporting investments that prevent and counteract natural threats in urban areas;
- Developing sustainable urban mobility.
- Coherent transportation network – EUR 930 million for regional governments and Polish State Railways (PKP) to develop road and railway infrastructure.
- Human capital, tourism and health resort & spa services – EUR 190 million for entities that provide health resort and spa services, cultural institutions and supporting investments in tourist trails connecting at least two regions.
- Technical assistance – EUR 38 million for institutions that implement the Programme.
Following the consultations, the Programme will have to be approved by the Polish government and then presented to the European Commission. It is expected that the first calls for proposals will be announced in early 2022.
Apart from “European Funds for Eastern Poland 2021-2027” Programme, the growth of Lubelskie Region, including local businesses, will be supported by the Regional Operational Programme of Lubelskie Voivodeship 2021-2027 of a total value of EUR 2.08 billion (including EU support of 85% – EUR 1.768 billion and the national contribution of EUR 312 million).